Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ROMANCE FOR THE DOOM GENERATION



Yo! It's me in the Vogue Italy's Summer Glam streetstyle series on their website! The reason why I'm looking so awkward is because I was walking with my friend Lauri who is one of the coolest people on earth and suddenly the photographer pops out of her office and wants to photograph ME! I was like, are you serious, me? Especially after I heard it was for this because all the other girls in the previous series are super glam and gorgeus, like you feelin it's Petra and there's me in black wearing awkward clogs! The shirt is one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe, it's silk and I've unraveled the knit in the back so it hangs loose. Plus it was convenient in the hot summer days because I could wear it with no sleeves too thanks to the cut I made to the shoulder!

After two days of resting and trying to fight a headache and tiredness so I could leave to London on Thursday in full force to help put together an Kiasma workshop in Tate Britain's Loud Tate 2010, I am ready to use my free time there to hug Alaia clothes! I've waited whole summer! Which brings me to this: Kultu search 2010. Basically, if you are a young person living near Helsinki who wants to get involved in art and culture and work with artists and travel places for free and get to know awesome people, don't be shy and go for it! This November for example we are putting together our own little exhibition in Kiasma after tons of meetings and even getting stuck in a storm! If you have any additional questions, you can always ask me and if you know anyone who would like to hear about this, be awesome and spread the word.

These words from DMDL sums up pretty much everything in my life right now:



Must buy film to catch small fragments from it.

6 comments:

Emily and Abigail said...

so cool!! congrats! lusting the outfit :)

www.lovelywanderlust.com

DaisyLine said...

congrats! have a nice day!
kisses
DaisyLine from http://daisyline.blogspot.com/

Sugar Kane said...

You look as great as always, girl! I met the photographer the other day, and she was complaining about the lack of Vogue worthy material on our streets. So glad she ran into you!

Style Souk said...

Congratulations!

The Vogue picture is just beautiful...

You exude such a carefree and easy insouciance.

Sarah x

P.S: I discovered your blog through the Fashion Spot - quite why it has taken so long, I can't explain! - and have fallen completely in love.

Your words and imagery are a wonderful inspiration! :0)

A. said...

congrats on the feature!

Maria said...

e and a: thank you!

daisy line: vice versa and thanks!

sugar kane: thank you so much!!

stylesouk: thanks...maybe I should write more to tFS, I haven't for a while =(

A: thanks!