Monday, June 16, 2008

I made my excuses and left

So today I bought nice basic ballet flats from Zara, the last time I bought something from there was two print T's four years ago. The flats are really nice but...I feel like crying, the cheap shoe trap is awful. They're made in Vietnam and I can't stop thinking about Radiohead's music video All I Need. I guess I could've saved up and bought Lanvin that would've probably last longer. I will buy them someday soon. Atleast the Zara flats are vegan....then again...



I don't know why I didn't feel like this when I bought my Miu Miu-inspired heels, but I should have. It's getting gradually harder and harder to feel proud about all the stuff I get from cheap stores (oh and mid-priced doesn't mean sweatshop free), even though I hardly buy them full-priced and really think why I would need them. I also try to estimate the quality the best I can, naturally. It's getting harder because I rarely buy things from those stores. So why should I this time? I got a nice white, v-neck shirt awhile back from H&M, because it was on sale, around 6 euros, the material was modal and it was Made in Romania. I personally think this is OK. The Zara flats are similar to the Lanvin ones I desire and I've been looking for nice ballets flats for a while. This one is just a terrible attitude.

6 comments:

iituk said...

Hei tää oli hyvä posti siinä mielessä, että sai ainakin mut vähän pohtimaan asiaa. Kaikkihan me ollaan vähän kaksinaismoralisteja tän asian suhteen.

Allure said...

I always feel so bad buying at those places and for the exact same reasons you mentioned. For instance, they have recently opened a Primark near me and I promised myself I wasn't going to buy there.

I heart milk said...

I have almost stopped buying thing at H&M. I only buy pantyhose there, I really wish I could stop totaly!
And, aren't we gonna see the shoes?

Anonymous said...

all i need!

susie_bubble said...

My aversion to H&M/Zara is very odd...nothing to do with ethics...it's a store thing...

indie said...

iituk: jep! kaksinaismoralismi :/ ja kun se tässä asiassa ei ole niin vaikeata olla ilman.

allure: keep it up!

i heart milk: they're up in my new post. I don't think pantyhose is that bad because it's probably made in italy?

a: I know what you mean!

susie_bubble: :/