Sunday, December 16, 2007

extreme fluctuations and temperature changes have known to crack pipes

Here is a poem performed by Adrian Mitchell that I found from one of my weird LP's.

Sorry 'Bout That

When man first flew beoynd the sky
He looked back into the world's blue eye
Man said
What makes your eyes so blue?
The Earth said
The tears in the oceans do
Why the sea is so full of tears?
Because I've wepped so many years
Why do you weep as you dance through space?
Because I am the mother of the human race




This picture was taken with a camera phone back in May, in an art (contemporary) museum. The background is a short film, I don't remember what was it about, or was it only a waterfall. I'm wearing second hand.

8 comments:

scotty said...

The sad thing is, it's so, so true....War, polliution, corruption, violence....

Heather said...

What a glorious, sad poem!

I love the background and your shimmery skirt, on a lighter note.

indie said...

scotty: yes, and the poem was made in 1985. Everything has just gone downhill from there.

heather: thanks :D The skirt looks like it's sequinned all over but it's actually not. Everything looks perfect from far far away :P

kissi said...

I remember that waterfall thing! It was more like an installation than a short film, and the booming sound effect was a big part of the whole thing.

Anyways, I wish I had the guts to take über kool artsy pictures in museums, too!

kissi said...

Oh BTW, didn't they have an exhibition of Soviet modern art in Kiasma at the moment? Are we going, or are we..... GOING?!

indie said...

kissi: yeah I remember the sound, I guess that's why I'm covering my ears in the picture :D art museums are cool indeed!

Blue Floppy Hat said...

It's a great picture, I wish I could have seen the thing though..

indie said...

blue floppy hat: I'll try to track it down!